– You should write a list of all the questions that you will face during the exam. This will help you to prepare effectively and reduce the times that you forget answers. It is a good idea to make a list of the various areas that are on the exam, as well as their approximate percentages. This will help you analyze yourself and choose the questions that you need to focus on in order to score high marks.
– If possible, take plenty of time to prepare for the exam. The more time you have to devote to learning the material, the more likely it is that you will retain the information that you have read. This will help you pace yourself and work to finish reading materials and answering questions within the set time frame. If you try to cram everything in at once, you could find yourself falling behind. Make sure that you divide your study time up accordingly.
– If you do not have a list of the different sections on the exam, take several practice tests and review the information from each section thoroughly. By thoroughly reviewing the material, you will be able to answer easy questions more quickly and efficiently. Doing this will also help you build up memorization skills so that you can get through the questions with minimal effort. A thorough review will also help you determine what areas you need to focus on more. By taking practice tests, you will be able to gauge your level of difficulty and make necessary adjustments to your study schedule.
– During your review, look for questions that are extremely hard to answer or that do not apply to the material that you already know. Look for these topics among the many others on the test. Once you have figured out which ones you cannot answer correctly, review all of the other questions until you are able to identify the problem areas. Then, look for ways to answer the problems that you can easily answer and concentrate on these problems to increase your confidence. You should always strive to perform better than you think you are capable of, so use this period of time to figure out your weak points and push them to the side.
– When you take practice tests, always start with easy questions to ease your way into the main group areas. Once you have answered every question in the easy area, then consider moving on to the harder ones. Of course, you want to work on answering every question in each section, but the easier questions are a great place to start. Take about half the number of practice tests you have taken for each section and focus on answering the questions you are comfortable with the most. Once you feel confident about answering each section, you can move on to the remaining questions in the test.
– Another key to success when you take the HESI exam is to always practice what you have studied. If you know how to answer practice questions effectively, you will be able to answer the same questions in the real exam much more quickly than you could without practice. Look through previous test sections and find questions you know the correct answers to and practice, making sure you are ready for them before taking the real test. It is also important to review any information that you marked or notes you wrote in the previous chapter. If you did not learn anything new, then chances are you did not understand the material well enough to pass the test.
– Lastly, the most important part of test study and studying for HESI exam are to always be aware of your timing. If you start out taking the test too early, you may find yourself taking extra time to answer questions you already know the answer to. On the other hand, if you start out too late, you may find yourself neglecting to go over the harder material you covered in the previous sections. The trick is to find a happy medium where you take all your time so you cover all the material you need to. This will help you to feel calm and confident going into the test room and doing well.