– Download HESI admission essay sample test questions from the Internet. There are free samples of the essay questions on the Internet, and you can take these exams to study from home. This will help you practice the skills you will be tested on during the exam. However, if you want to take the test seriously and get an excellent grade, it is recommended that you buy a copy of the actual written exam and read it straight through, reviewing the entire text and solving any problems you see.
– Join a free review site. A free review site usually contains comprehensive information on the test and what you should expect. These review sites also offer free practice tests and discussion forums. If you register with a free review site, you can take advantage of their tutorials. You can either watch the videos posted or read the online discussions.
– Do not rely solely on HESI’s official website to take the exam. The site does provide free practice tests and discussion forums, but taking the exam online is the most practical option. It will save you time as well as money. In addition, you can take a simulated test and learn how to answer real-life questions quickly and efficiently.
– Complete the free review materials available on the review site. The materials are usually free and easy to complete. Some include worksheets for practice tests and comprehension sections. You can also download study guides and audio files. Another way to get useful study materials is by using the HESI Admissions Test Practice Sheet generator.
– Take the test immediately after reading the review material. This will help you study properly and also make sure that you have grasped important concepts. Studying before the test will make you become nervous and your performance might be affected. However, by doing the test immediately after reading the review, you will be able to focus and concentrate on the actual exam.
– Prepare for multiple choice questions. The multiple choice section will test your critical thinking skills. The more you think out logically your answer choices, the better you will do on the exam. Therefore, make sure that you have a good grasp over logic and general problem solving skills.
– Read study guides and audio files before the test. Many HESI admission interviewers include practice questions in their reviews. If not, you can simply search for relevant materials on the web and practice answering them until you master the answers. This will help you prepare thoroughly for the exam and give you a good score.
– Listen to your interviewers as they speak. Do not just listen to what the interviewers are saying but also to how they speak. Make sure that you understand the question properly. Interacting with your teacher will also help you when you take the test. Give clear, precise responses to every question asked. You can use the feedback you receive from your teacher to improve your performance.
– Be realistic about your results. Know that you will only get a small percentage of points for every section. Even if you have the highest marks, you will still end up with a low pass rate. Therefore, you should try your best to not to worry too much about your low scores.
– Prepare for multiple choice questions. There are usually two kinds of questions on the exam. The first type is fairly simple to answer and includes basic knowledge like numbers, animals, shapes and colors. The other type has more difficult questions that require calculations, pattern matching and more. You can make use of a notebook or a calculator before answering the test in order to maximize your chances of a better score.
– Download study guides from the website of HESI. These study guides usually contain all kinds of practice questions and even some simulation games for the test. They will help you practice well on the actual exam so you do not forget important parts of the exam. After a few months of practice, you may want to take the actual test and do well.